Cherries

Monday, April 18, 2011

"Something wicked this way comes!"

"Something wicked this way comes!" I don't know what it is, but there has been a strange feeling in the air lately. It's entirely possible that it's just in my sphere of influence, but several complete strangers were noting something similar. I was in a fitting room in Nordstrom when the ladies in the fitting room next door were conversing about how communication was difficult and that the days energy was weird. Our neighbor shared with us about a pet tragedy in our neighborhood and the sighting of a bobcat in her backyard. The bobcat story was the most fitting to the way things feel, sort of like we are prey and we need to be very aware. I don't want to dwell on that which is dark, but I'm wondering, are you feeling any of this, too?

On a brighter note, we had a very productive and fun weekend. Dave had to drill, but event then we managed some quality family time. His unit decided to head out on Sunday and hike around Folsom lake. It was a breezy seventy-something degrees outside an just the epitome of a beautiful spring day. Saturday night Dave and I had a date night and walked downtown to see Endangered Species, an 80s cover band. Being out with Dave was fun and reminiscing about where we were and what we were doing in the 1980s was great. We are planning the final Poobah this year and since it started in the late 80s, we decided to send it out with that same theme. The planning has already been fun, although leg warmers in July may not be the best choice of a costume!

I'm hopeful this weird space will see it's way to the door and I can get back to feeling like the world is my oyster. For now, I'm trying to lay low and keep my mouth shut, you know us Sagittarius kids, we have a major propensity to put a foot in our mouths! If I keep my mouth closed, the worst that can happen is I end up with a fat lip! Laughing! Welcome to Monday - send me some good news!

No comments: