Cherries

Monday, August 1, 2011

Finding Balance and Gratitude

There really is something to letting go of the things you find yourself attached to. Be it the outcome of a big business deal or someone you love who doesn't love you back, letting go seems to be the only answer. I suppose to clarify that statement just a little further, letting go may not be the only answer, but it is the only answer that will allow your blood pressure to stabilize and your perspective to focus in on all that is good and going well. Continuing to invest all of your energy in the one thing that is not going as you want it to simply keeps you running on empty.

I can't quit pursuing the things I believe in and love to do, but I can find other ways, Orange Roads as I call them, to get where I want to go. When I let go of what's not to be, other ideas are free to surface and I can see them. Let me repeat that, "And I can see them." Yes, it's tough to not get that job, not make that sale, have that someone you want in your life, not want to be there, but there are other jobs, sales to make, and people who do want to share your life with you. Yes there are!

I'm looking for the good today. With a happy glimpse back over the weekend in Alameda, we had such a good time. Home away from home at the Anderson's sea side slice of heaven is always a great place to recharge our batteries. Al took some family photos of us on the beach and do they ever look great! Greg, Heather, Diana, and Mike added to the great company during dinner on the deck. Although I think Lisa would argue that the time in the kitchen preparing the feast was equally enjoyable! It's not very often we get to see my sweet husband in his element like he was Saturday night. What fun! Today I have Mason still sleeping after a really fun weekend, much softer feet (especially my heels, the summer sun and sandals wreak havoc!) after a few days of treating them with a wonderful balm, fresh summer fruit for breakfast, a lunch date with my friend Debbie, and so much more.


With all of this to be enjoying and grateful for, I almost forget the stuff that still has me a little down. Not all the way though, knowing what didn't work is paramount to where I go now and what action I take next. Knowing what didn't work and why doesn't have to consume me in the present, in fact. I don't want any one thing to consume me - I want to be diversified in my daily life thus hopefully finding a nice balance in self, family, love, work, and friendship.

No comments: