Cherries

Monday, July 25, 2011

Keep On Keep'n On

To continue from last week, let me say that things got better, but not much clearer. I know all is well, that my family is safe and healthy and with that we are happy. The struggle is mine and likely the same journey we are all on to find our life purpose and with that, who each of us are. I want a manual! You know, a Kathy Partak for Dummies book. Ha! If it were only that easy you say.

I am working on settling in where I am and accepting all things. Surrendering, letting go, letting be. I got some really great support from all of you last week and thought it was so good, I would share a little of it with you, too. Alice sent me this really great piece.

In an interview, Bill Withers talks about giving advice to his kids, "It's okay to head to 'wonderful' but on your way to 'wonderful' you'll have to pass through 'all right' and when you get there, take a look around and get used to it because that's as far as you may go." I keep that in mind because I like to look around and then to appreciate this life I have and all my blessings.

And from my Flower Dave - these loving words with this link: The Law of Sacrifice
I encourage you to click the link and read the article, it's good!

"Honey, I am sorry to hear that you are blue and frustrated with your situation. I heard about this and to some degree it resonates with me and my ethic but I think it also applies to you and your ethics. The Snookies of the world will have fleeting fame and squander what fortune they may make but we will have the true meaning of fortune, even if we don't have two pennies to rub together. We did it the hard and honest way. I love you, Dave"
So today what I have to motivate you is to remember that while we struggle to seek that which is outside of us, we all realize at some point that it's what's inside that really matters. And when we get comfortable right where we are, we can then feel the love that is there for us - like so much of the love you all sent me last week. Thank you!

Through several more disappointments this week I've decided to spend the next three weeks with Mason enjoying the last bits of summer vacation concentrating less on work and projects. We will go to Alameda this coming weekend for the Park Street Art & Wine Fair and then we're off to LegoLand on August 11th for two days. Heck, we might even squeeze in an evening at the State Fair this week before it closes. I hope your summer is going well and you are fining time to enjoy the long days and warm nights.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love you and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can really relate to all you have said and wonder many of the same things. Let's stay strong together.