Cherries

Monday, October 24, 2011

Only 62 More Shopping Days 'til Christmas!

The holidays are coming! We only have 62 shopping days left before Christmas and the holidays and parties that lead up to December 25th are on their way, too. So many people are thinking, where did the year go? Not me, I love this time of year and all that it brings.

I did some pretty impressive preparation (pertaining to school and home) to be gone with Dave for 10 days, but I still had so much to do when we got home. I had a test, a final presentation, and several other papers due in addition to all the laundry, Mason's school and soccer, grocery shopping and more. The point to this rant is that I keep thinking what this week would have been like had not scrambled like I did before we left. Sheesh, it makes you wonder if going on vacation is worth it. It is, I know it is, we had an incredible time. I managed to get a post up about our trip and will write some more this week.

Today, let me say Happy Birthday to my sweet Mason! His birthday was on Thursday the 20th and we had fun celebrating all weekend long. So many of you called and sent cards and he even said, "Wow, so many people are calling me today!" You all really made him feel special and for good reason, he is a great kid! Heck, who needs more when you have one this great?! ;)

Next Monday is Halloween, what are you doing? Are you dressing up and going to a party? Dave, Mason and I all went to James and Lisa's party on Saturday. Steve and Ro were there and we all had a great time. Dave and I did a dark, classic Witch and Coachman while Mason recycled a Star Wars costume from last year (I love it when he wears them more than once!). Next week, Dave and I have an adults Halloween date night planned with far more original costumes on tap. I'll post pictures on Monday.

I love this quote and hope it inspires you this week, too!

In the fall, you don’t grieve because the leaves are falling and dying. You say, “Isn’t it beautiful!” Well, we’re the same way. There are seasons. We all fall sooner or later. It’s all so beautiful. And our concepts, without investigation, keep us from knowing this. It’s beautiful to be a leaf, to be born, to fall, to give way to the next, to become food for the roots. It’s life, always changing its form and always giving itself completely. We all do our part. No mistake."
~ Byron Katie Quotes from Loving What Is

No comments: