Cherries

Monday, October 3, 2011

Chilly Fall is Here!

Brrrr! There is a definite chill in the air that is fall. You hear all the time how California doesn't have real seasons and I don't think that's true. From what I can tell, California (at least where I live in N. CA) has a distinct spring, summer, fall, and winter, but they are not extreme and sometimes take their time coming or going. My friends who live in the mid west and north east share with me how extreme the seasons are for them, primarily when Old Man Winter comes to visit. I know my day will come when I get to put my ideas to the test, but for today I am enjoying the cooler weather and looking forward to the extreme colors of fall in New England. Dave and I will be renewing our wedding vows in Vermont this time next week.


Dave began planning this trip last year and as a Christmas gift, he gave me a calendar and a guide book to touring the fall colors. He had already started planning (and paying for our trip)! I know I'm a lucky girl to have a guy who will not only plan such an adventure but he planned everything including the ceremony and flowers! Ten years is certainly a noteworthy anniversary but not nearly as important as appreciating, and celebrating our union everyday. I think we do a pretty good job.


As I prepare to be gone for ten days, it's all about making sure everyone who is helping us has what they need and know each other in case something comes up. I spent this weekend doing lots of homework and some extra credit since I will miss a week of classes and I put up the fall garlands with some Halloween decorations as well. I've got two presentations to do on Thursday and the only real bummer is that I am going to miss seeing my mom while she is in California. I chuckle as I think to myself, you would think all the years we've been together, we could coordinate our schedules a little better. So now it's time to get to the busy week I have ahead and leave you with this to ponder, if you were to plan your dream trip of a lifetime for this time next year, where would you go and how much would it cost monthly if you started paying for it now? I bet it's more doable than you think but it will require your commitment. Much like getting married and staying married, you have to commit. Happy Monday friends!

No comments: