Cherries

Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

The last 10 days have been somewhat of a blur. This surgery has been as hard as the first one, which should come as no surprise since the first one was really hard, too. I told my doctor when he advised I take this route (ACL reconstruction w/additional procedure to remove arthritis from my knee cap) that I was loathe to do this again because it was so painful. He assured me that the process of ACL reconstructions has been streamlined and are not as painful as they were in the past. While that may be true, he failed to mention that the Oates procedure (the knee cap thing) is also incredibly painful! I decided to go ahead with the surgery hoping that it will eliminate the need for a full knee replacement in the future. In any case, I'm moving slowly and doing far less than I thought I would be by now. I know, I know, you all are making a point to tell me that slowing down is not a bad thing and while I agree with you, a dead stop is not good either.

Dave is going like crazy taking care of things I need, getting ready for Christmas, and working. It's hard letting go of things that are part of your holiday traditions but there is just so much that can happen in a day. I baked and did all my shopping before I had surgery so short of addressing Christmas cards and wrapping a few presents, my holiday tasks are done. I would have liked to baked more cookies to deliver to our neighbors and I'm missing some of the social festivities as I just can't be out and about right now. It is what it is. What about you, are you ready?

On a really fun note,I made my debut as an artist last week. My RiverLights Originals artwork is on display at Tango Frozen Yogurt in downtown Auburn. I haven't been able to go in and see it for myself yet, but I am tickled pink that my artwork is actually on public display. I printed note cards and sold out almost immediately (my first customer was someone who does not even know me - she bought all 3 sets the retailer had!) and I have seven 2012 calendars still available. You can see the images in the calendar at Facebook.com/RiverLightsOriginals

Merry Christmas friends, I feel so grateful that you are in my life even if it is a Christmas card once a year, a weekly e-mail exchange or something more frequent. I hope you have a Christmas that is exactly as you want it to be, and if not, I wish you the ability to accept peacefully what it is and move on. With love, Kathy

No comments: