Cherries

Monday, December 26, 2011

Wacky Time Zones!

Oh Lord! This holiday schedule has me all over the place, every where except where I am suppose to be. We had the merriest Christmas and are looking forward to a wonderful new year. I'm feeling much better though not walking without crutches yet.

This time of year always has me thinking about what I did well, what I want to do more of or better, and what I really didn't succeed at even remotely. This year, I seem to be looking back a little further and I'm noticing that I have failed far more than I have succeeded. I can hear you all now, "No way!" Well, to some degree it all depends on your perspective... looking at my family and marriage, I am wildly successful. Looking at my professional life and trying to figure out why I can't seem to find my "thing," you know, the thing that you love and the money will come... yeah, that thing! I am creative and entrepreneurial so it stands to reason that working for someone else may not be the best fit for me. That's fine and even the way I like it, but by the same token, I would like to find the creative endeavor that allows me to be me and make a respectable living. With 2012 just around the corner, I am embarking on doing what I love to do - continue going to school and honing my photography skills. My RiverLights Originals have several public showings coming and and I plan to also try my hand at portraits. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I am working hard to focus on what is good and all that I have to be grateful for. It's an effort everyday to accept all that is good and not focus too hard on that which I am not accomplishing. I don't know that I will ever be able to simply be content with what I have - no matter how good. It seems a large part of the cloth I'm cut from is to work for something more, something that challenges and educates me - even if I never obtain that which I am seeking.


Our gloves are still patent pending and I'm not sure the patent will issue. I am studying and learning how to work my way through the patent woozle-doozle and minimally buy some more time. I intend to sell like the Dickens for the next few months to see if I can get sales for the 2012-2013 season to the next level while continuing to secure that elusive and so expensive US Patent. We have a licensing deal waiting to be signed if we actually do get our patent issued. Yes, I am looking for a New Year miracle. Some people believe they come true.


With all that said, I hope you had the best Christmas ever and are looking forward to a bright new year. I would love it if you would jot me a note and let me know how you are. Lots of love and luck coming your way, from me to you! Happy New Year!

No comments: