Cherries

Monday, August 6, 2012

Embrace Change

Welcome to Monday,
The Partaks have a plan! Yes, it's official, we are moving and not just out of this house and into the land of limbo. We don't have a rental yet, but I am confident we will find something that is affordable, lovely and home. Dave and I sat down and calculated that with the military putting him through school in addition to my educational benefits, we could both be on track to have our Bachelor's degrees by July 2015! With that, we will be here in CA until we graduate, Dave will have put in 29 years of service and then we will pack up the wagon and head east. Looking back at how quickly the last nine years has gone by, the next three are sure to fly. Having a real plan sure makes this so much more exciting. Some of you have asked if I'm scared or worried that we will be so far away from family and friends and the answer is no, though we have a great friends network, we have had to be self-reliant for many years now. We have each other so as long as we get to do this together, it will be not only fine, it will be fun.
Mason finally learned where he and I are going on our surprise vacation - Minnesota! We will fly in late on Tuesday night and on Wednesday we will go to the Mall of America for the day. Next we'll drive to Julianne's house where Mason will get to meet and play with Julianne's kids - she has 5! We have plans to spend a couple of nights at the lake house where Mason will get to swim, fish and hopefully learn to wake-board. This is going to be the biggest little vacation ever! He and I need to make the most of our time together because when we get home the following Monday, it's right back to school for both of us, in addition to packing and moving within a few weeks. Speaking of school, as it turns out, I got a B in statistics! The humor is not lost on me that when I saw the 77.8% I assumed that was a C, instead of fully understanding that weighted totals calculate slightly differently. Who the heck cares how I got there, I got there!! Laughing!
Now it's off to look at possible rental properties and more weeding out of stuff I don't want to pack. Have a great week and think with this...

"Change always comes bearing gifts." ~Price Pritchett

No comments: