Cherries

Monday, July 30, 2012

Bay Area Get-Away


Happy Monday - Happy Summer!
I finished summer school and I'm sad to share that I got my first C...no surprise it is in statistics. It's a funny thing, the way I felt when I saw my grade, "C," Shock! I really believed I could have pulled off a "A" but thought at the worst it would be a "B." Reality check: I don't have a career on the line, acceptance to an ivy league college that my stellar GPA will play a pivotal part, I am just a 45 year old woman who has been given the gift to go back to school. Yes, in this economy I need my degree to land a good job, but holding on to this idea that I need to earn straight As is just unnecessary pressure. What is real to me, is though I am absolutely capable of earning them, clearly, I am not committing myself to the time it takes to earn straight As. With that said, I am moving on and going to enjoy every last drop of summer!


Right after school let out, Mason and I packed up the car and headed to the bay area. We met Tim in San Francisco to talk taxes and have lunch. After lunch, Mason and I spent a few hours wandering the shops in China Town. What fun! Mason has never been to China Town so it was all kinds of fun for him. We bought some rice candy (Mason loves that he can eat the paper!), a really cool head massager for Dave and we took lots of pictures. Before we left the city, we stopped at Mel's and shared a milkshake, two straws but only one cherry - you can guess who got to eat that! After San Francisco, we made our way to Alameda where we settled in for the weekend. Dave met us on Saturday and we had all kinds of fun. We went to the Art & Wine Fair, Mason did a Rock Star photo shoot with Al and he had a voice evaluation (that boy can sing!), we ate mass amounts of amazing food, Mason got to kayak and we went to the beach. On our way home, we stopped in Woodland and ate some incredible barbecue at Ludy's - if you have not eaten there, make the trip!! SO GOOD! Be sure to pop over to my blog to see all kinds of fun photos from our weekend and heck, while you're there, "subscribe" to my Monday Motivator blog. If you do, you will get this same post in your e-mail, except the photos will be included!
For now, Mason and I are off to the river. Have a great week, before you know it school will be back in session and the days will be short, short, short!! Have you started Christmas shopping? Yep, it's almost August, so either stay plugged into summer or start planning for the holidays! Happy Monday!

No comments: