Cherries

Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veterans Day!

Happy Veterans Day!

Holidays on a Monday always mess me up. I equate it to having an extra hour in the morning before needing to get out the door, for some reason I think I have extra time, I run late! In any case, today is the day we honor our veterans and as you all know, I honor mine every day. I also feel inclined to honor the families of those who serve. Most of the families I know will not step up to be recognized because they feel it somehow dishonors their Soldier. The fact of the matter is, the service that is performed by family members left at home is stressful, laden with fear and the unknown. Dave and I have discussed on multiple occassions that while he was in Iraq, he knew where he was and what was happening while family members only have the news and media to rely on. Considering just that, how scary must every single day be? In any case, I applaud the teamwork that makes defending our country possible.

The Mandarin Festival is this coming weekend and I am not sure we are ready! I am volunteering on Friday, Mason is cooking and we have friends coming to visit Saturday, and the recipe contest is Sunday and all us Partaks have an entry. How is this all going to happen? I feel like I have googly eyes but I somehow know it will all work out. Oh, did I mention I am up to my eyeballs in homework, too? With that, I better get back to it! Happy Veterans Day and I'll see you next week.

No comments: