Cherries

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pizza My Heart!

Happy President's Day!

I'm not missing my Monday Motivator this holiday Monday, no, I'm up early as I am tuned in to win tickets to Disneyland. I'm not sure if we can make time to go, but having tickets sure makes the planning easier. In any case, it's nice being up before Dave and Mason and it's especially nice that they both get to sleep in today. I have been acutely aware this weekend how good my life is, it's as if our family is in sync in a way we rarely are. There is not much really to say about it other than I am aware and incredibly appreciative for all my gifts.
 
Saturday was really fun, Dave and I were up early and off to the farmers market, one of my favorite Saturday things to do. I brought Dave home and picked Mason up and he and I went to see the Auburn Symphony. What fun! They do a kids program that includes lots of learning about the construction of music, what to listen for, talking, and singing. Little ones stayed engaged and Maestro Jaffe was animated and likely gained a whole new generation of symphony fans. Saturday evening Dave and I had plans for a date night, celebrating Valentines Day with dinner and live music in Roseville. We made arrangements for Mason to sleep over with our friends. It turns out, they had a house full of kids, all girls! Mason had planned to make dinner for the family and when he got started with his homemade pizzas, it came as no surprise this creative cook made heart shaped pizzas for the ladies! Cris snapped this photo and texted me while we were out and it just made my night. She went on to share that when dinner was ready, Mason let everyone know they could "Kiss the Cook!" If you want to see some more of my funny kid, take a look at Mason's tutorial for making banana cream pie - seriously, you will laugh! http://youtu.be/jIsyx76rpOY
 
Sunday was way more low key with Dave getting his run in and doing homework and there is more of the same for today. Mason and I did learn about making chicken cutlets and made a sun dried tomato, basil and mozzarella stuffed chicken breast for dinner. We will be making that one again for sure! Finally, all of you know I am a real estate agent and have focused much of my energy on helping distressed homeowners with the loan mod process. Well, this week, I finally closed a short sale I have had in the works for more than two years! Yes, I learned so much and I am moving forward to do more real estate. Keep me in mind if you know someone who has questions, or is ready to buy or sell. Now I have two tests tomorrow to study for and a couple of papers to write. Have a great holiday weekend and be sure to pop back and let me know if Mason made you laugh! If nothing else, it will leave you craving a banana cream pie!

No comments: