Cherries

Monday, September 9, 2013

Y'all Ready For This?

It's Monday, are you ready for the new week? I'm not sure I am. Monday's are our busiest day of the week. Dave is out the door first at 7 AM and right behind him Mason and I are out the door to school and work. I drop Mason off at 8 and then I get a few hours of work done (sometimes real estate related and other times, household stuff that didn't happen over the weekend - work nonetheless!) before I pick Mason up at school at 11:15 to take him to culinary school in Sacramento. I stay in Sacramento from noon to 4 PM while he is in school, I typically set up shop in Starbucks and take care of work e-mails and the like. From culinary school, we get home by 5 PM where Mason has to get out of his chef coat and into his practice uniform and pads to get to football practice by 5:45 where he will be until 8 PM. The good news is, we only have this jam-packed schedule on Mondays and it will only go for 6 more weeks.
 
Something noteworthy, Mason is doing a live cooking demo at the TomatoFest on Sunday, September 29th and this demo will mark his one year anniversary of doing live cooking demos! Can you believe it's been a year, more than a dozen live cooking demos, more television appearances, a trip to NYC to appear on the Lisa Oz Show, also a trip to CT to appear on Connecticut Style and Mason has even become a regular on GoodDay Sacramento working with Tina, Julissa, Mark S. Allen, and Cody "The Bow Tie Guy" Stark. I told Mason when he started booking work that he could quit anytime he wanted but he would have to fulfill his commitments. We are coming up on his last few demos of this year so I asked him if wanted to book for next year. He didn't answer with a quick yes so I queried a little deeper. It turns out, he loves doing the cooking demos and television appearances but he is apprehensive making his videos. WHAT the heck? I asked him if he has watched his videos, apparently, he does not see the "It" factor in himself on camera that we all see. In any case, we did our morning visualization and we went through some of his fears and visualized those melting away while confidence and success showed up in their place. Stay tuned, but for today, Mason wants to continue his culinary journey for another year.
 
Other fun news from the weekend, Dave, Mason and I all entered the brownie contest at our local fair this weekend and I was alone in my quest for the blue ribbon in the cupcake contest on Sunday. Dave took the blue ribbon for his "Better Peanut Butter" brownie and my "Campfire S'mores" brownie took second. Apparently, second place was where I stuck as that's what I won in the cupcake contest with my "Delicious Flavors of Fall" cupcake. To offset all these goodies, our family is doing "15 Days of Salads" for dinner. We completed day 5 last night with a classic grilled chicken Caesar salad with Dave's homemade dressing - it was SO good! If we are friends on Facebook you can see each salad as I am posting them each night.
 
I hope you are making the most of your days and really participating in the process - whatever process it is, make some part of it fun. Happy Monday, embrace this day!

No comments: