Cherries

Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy 11th Birthday Mason!

Eleven years ago today you made your way into this world. There are so many things about you that I love, let me see if I can put some of them into words. The thing I love most about you Mason is that you are confident and fearless. You have a sense of self at only 11 years old that many people in their 40s and 50s still don't know. You embrace every little bit of life from still loving to push the button in the elevator, to wanting to crack the eggs when we make cookie dough. You are a natural performer and public speaker, again, something adults loathe the idea of having to do. You are before your time with so many respects to life and yet, you are still just a little boy. You love stuffed animals, still want me to turn your light off at night and want me to cuddle with you on the couch when we watch cooking shows. I am so proud of who you are and I know you are going to make a difference in this world, be it cooking for people, performing and entertaining us, or just the way you step up to open a door for a stranger - you are an exceptional young man and I just love, love, love being your mom! Happy Birthday Mason!

You were born on a Monday and since I wasn't feeling up to writing, your dad stepped in and here is what he had to say...10/20/03

No comments: