Cherries

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Little Slice of Americana

Happy Monday! I feel like I spent this last weekend living in an alternate universe - like a movie. Saturday night Dave and I had an unexpected date night so we walked downtown for dinner and sat outside and enjoyed sushi. It was more than just good food, there were so many people out enjoying the evening, a musician in the square playing a ukelele and while we walked back to our car, another man playing an accordion outside a little Italian restaurant all while a fire roared in the center of town square. I couldn't get over how magical it all seemed. We made our way back home just in time to meet Mason returning from his night out and we all sat outside and took in all of Dave's and Mason's Halloween decorations and a roaring fire of our own. It's times like this that I feel like my life couldn't get any better, and if it doesn't, that's just fine with me. There is surely something to be said for being in the moment and taking in every little bit of it.

In other news, it looks like I am off to Southern California to work with Executive Chef Jimmy Schmidt at the La Quinta Resort in Palm Desert. I will get a full day of coaching and then what? I don't know, but a night or two in Palm Desert can't be bad. I'll share more as I learn more, but I suspect I won't know all the details until I actually go just before Thanksgiving. For this week, we are off to Utah for Lexi and Jordan's wedding and on our way home we are planning to drive Hwy 50 for a stop at the Dugway Geode Beds in Nevada. As usual, lots of fun!

I hope you all are loving this fall season as much as I am! Happy, Happy Fall!


No comments: