Cherries

Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy Last Monday of 2014!

Happy Last Monday of 2014! I am so excited to start a new year, not because this year has been bad but because I love, love, love the collective energy that the new year brings. Everything seems possible and many people actually follow through and make a little bit more of their dreams come true. What does a new year mean to you? For me it's twofold; I enjoy looking back at what I've accomplished personally in addition to what we've done as a family. The obvious other side is looking ahead to what I can do better and what new dreams I can manifest. 

Yeah, there's the normal weight loss and eating healthier, but the good news is, I make small strides every year I recommit. Let's look back, in 2005 on Thanksgiving day I gave up drinking soda. That was huge! That is not to say I have not had an ounce of soda since then, I have, but my go to drinks are iced tea, water, wine or tequila, laughing! In 2006, mayonnaise and I parted ways, my go-to is usually mustard now and if I need something to make tuna fish or chicken salad, I will use Greek yogurt or find other, non-mayo based recipes to make what I want to make. Once in a while, I will make a mayo based recipe, but I use way less mayo and enjoy it just as much. I'm not going to give you the year by year but you get the point, small changes add up to a healthier lifestyle. Those two examples are pushing 10 years in action and that's something to be proud of!

This year I made great strides with my real estate business and can't wait to see more growth in the new year. I managed to pay off our debt AND pay for our family to take a Disney cruise - check that one off my bucket list! We took a handful of less extravagant weekend jaunts, but certainly as meaningful. We visited the moaning caverns and Big Trees State Park in Calaveras county with Julie, Ray and his daughter and Steve & Ro, in addition to San Francisco, Utah for Lexi and Jordan's wedding, and even to the ruins at the bottom of Folsom lake. We moved, got a new car (well, new to us), and Mason not only reached his goal of raising $25,000 for his school kitchen, he exceeded it by $1052! It's been a great year and I have every reason to believe 2015 will be just as good, or maybe even better! Happy New Year, go out and conquer the world, I know you have something amazing to offer. 

No comments: