Cherries

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year! Old Friends!

Today I was so excited to visit with David and Lisa Anderson. David and Lisa embarked on the adventure of a lifetime last year starting with a major downsizing of their "stuff," followed by a move to another country! This wouldn't seem like anything all that spectacular for a new college graduate off to see the world before settling down, but it certainly is for a couple who pulled up stakes in their retirement to keep life fresh and new. I can't tell you how much I admire that zest for life and spirit of play. I also happen to feel strongly that moves like that help keep the spark in a marriage. The day to day grind of marriage, jobs, family, bills, and all the minutia that when combined can weigh a relationship down, take the joy out of it. Setting an exciting plan for a life change in motion is exciting, it's exciting to do together, to look ahead, to plan where to live, how to live, looking forward to meeting new people and eating in new restaurants, there is just so much to look forward to - together. David and Lisa and I have talked about this on many occasions and today I applaud them for living their lives to the fullest, AND making time to sit and visit with Mason and me for a few hours today.

School starts for Mason tomorrow and Dave is away at training, this means I have some time to myself to get some projects done. I'm planning to purge my closet of clothes that I have been holding on to for far too long. I want to map out the initial elementary culinary program for Mason's school and see if I can get a large corporate sponsor on board to donate some of the small appliances we will need. I also want to work on my cook book and start my own series of videos. Mason keeps telling me I don't knwo how hard it is to make a good video so I think it's time I put my young son on notice! Laughing! Not really, but trust me, I have the chops to make a good instructional video, I may not be 11 and nearly as cute as he is, but I have my skills!

New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.

No comments: