Cherries

Monday, May 18, 2015

It's the 20th Monday of 2015

Welcome to the 20th Monday of 2015 (yep, I counted)! It's my last week of school and as usual, I'm bummed. I love being able to go to school and this semester has been more fun than most, I got to spend four days a week learning video production and editing. I produced and edited a 10 minute documentary about my journey with Mason and all his cooking antics. I don't expect this project will be anything that the masses would be interested in, but it will be something for Mason as he grows up and has a family of his own - it's really a high tech home movie. I'll post a link to the video next week when school is out and it's completely finished, you just have to remember, it is a student project so be kind!

Mason has 3 weeks of school left so that means I have a few weeks to start packing and get the house decluttered and cleaned. Dave and I have been house shopping and as much as I loathe the idea of moving again, I am excited to be in a place that is ours. For those of you wondering why we are moving again, we were planning to buy again last fall (2 years after the short sale of our previous home), but our landlords asked us to break our lease and move out earlier than scheduled so they could move into the house we were renting. Because we weren't quite to the 2 year mark, we had to sign another 12 month lease. So we moved in June of last year and will be moving during the summer of this year, too. Hopefully, we will be able to stay put until we revisit the plan to move to the east coast when Dave retires from the military in 4-5 years. 

Do you have big plans for summer vacation? Since we are buying a house and moving, we won't be taking much of a family vacation, but with the river just a few miles away, we can slip away to hike, float or swim anytime we need a break. If I haven't mentioned this before, buy a state park pass and you can visit so many cool parks and not have to pay to get it (or park). The California Poppy Pass is good at all state parks and is only $125 for a full calendar year, I say that's the best deal going! 
 

No comments: