Cherries

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day

There are just some weeks when I just don't have as much to say as other weeks. It doesn't mean nothing happened, it just means I either can't share right now, or I just don't feel like typing. Laughing! It's not that I don't really feel like sharing, I'm just not sure how to put it all together. We had a great week, Mason had multiple auditions, Dave came home, however he came home sick, and that's not so good. And I have real estate going flipping crazy. That's great!!

It's memorial day weekend and that's always a little emotional. I'm so grateful that Dave came home alive, as I'm acutely aware of what it's like when your loved one does not. I have a close friend who's son did not come home from Iraq alive. It haunts me to this day.

As you know me, I would so much rather focus on the positive, and all we have to be grateful for. So with this memorial day, let me say thank you to all who have served and who continue to serve today - both actual members and their families who also serve. Those we have lost, and those who still serve and still place their lives on the line for our freedoms, for the benefits as Americans we oftentimes take for granted. I'm not happy with where our country is today politically, however I do love this country and all it stands for. I love the freedoms that we have, to be able to speak out, the right to vote for who we feel is the right representative of the people, and the fact that this country benefits us in so many other ways. America, you stand for so many great things, may you always serve the people who love you.

No comments: