Cherries

Monday, June 6, 2016

It's Monday....Again.

It's Monday again and today I am grounded. Well, not in the I got in trouble and whoever is the boss of me, ground me, but instead I'm grounded because my Toyota is in the shop and I may or may not get it back today. Other than the obvious fact that having an auto repair bill sucks, it's good to be home to take care of the stuff that always seems to get pushed to the bottom of the list. Some of those things include dealing with the ordering of postcards for the trade show later this month, scan and email an offer for some clients who finally found a house they both love AND is in their price range, sort through paperwork for Mason - recipes, skills info, and the notes to create another "learning to cook" game idea he has. Oh, and I need to write my Monday Motivator and get last weeks posted (it's been written and sitting in my drafts in my email).

It's been a busy week, Mason had an audition in San Rafael so we planned to stay for dinner. We couldn't decide what we wanted to eat so I suggested we go to Sausalito and go have an dining experience on the water. We went to The Trident and shared a couple of appetizers (mom couldn't afford the full blown dinner experience this time) and enjoyed the view of the city across the bay. We had a lovely visit, some delicious food, and then we had a burger for our real dinner. :)

I'm enjoying this journey with Mason so much, in fact, it seems he's turned a corner and is being less obstinate and more agreeable to doing his chores and what Dave and I ask him to do. At one point I asked him to take the garbage out and he just got up and did it. My mouth fell wide open and I approached him slowly, I reached out to check his forehead for fever and when he felt normal I asked him who he was and what he did with Mason. He rolled his eyes at me and said, "Whatever" and took the garbage out. I breathed a sigh of relief when he rolled his eyes and could see all was well. Have a great week and stay tuned for what I hope is more exciting news.

No comments: