Cherries

Monday, October 24, 2016

Happy 13th Birthday Mason!

13 years ago Mason Bonham Partak came into this world, immediately placed in his daddy's arms, he smiled. Well, I don't know if he smiled, I was knocked out and filleted like a fish, but I will tell my tale as if he did.  :) This kid has been a strong willed, smart, funny, kind, pain in our asses kid from the time he realized he could be. He is courageous, he takes chances, he seems fearless (well, except for that time he insisted on riding the sheep, but then got in the chute and cried to not have to ride the sheep!), and he has already made a huge impact on this world. Mason, I am afraid of your teenage years - I know you will test me, you will make me proud, you will make me cry, you will make me laugh, you will practice some serious dumbassery, and I will do my best to not kill you. But no matter what you face in the coming years, I will always love you. I am so thankful that you are my son, you are the best of your dad and I, and you are a rock star! Set this world on fire kid, you have work to do and it will all be noteworthy, I just know it.   


For Mason’s birthday we try to do something that is more than just cake and ice cream. In years past we’ve planned our family vacation in October and it’s proven to make for very memorable birthdays. So much so, as Mason and I were reminiscing about years past, we could not recall what we did for his birthday last year. Thank goodness for Facebook Memories, we planned a party at our local mini-golf place and it was eh. It was fun for Mason because he had more of his friends there, but I like the family experiences better. 

With that said, this year we bought tickets to see an NFL football game at the new Levi’s Stadium. I’m a 49ers fan and Mason is a Tampa Bay fan, lucky for us, they were playing on 10/23/16, perfect to give Mason the tickets on Thursday and go to the game the following Sunday. It was fun, the stadium is beautiful, and Mason’s Buccaneers won! Happy Birthday Mason, may you win more than you lose, my you laugh more than you cry, and may you give more than you take. Your dad and I are so very proud of the young man you are growing in to. Happy! Happy! Happy!

No comments: