Cherries

Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome 2017!

Happy New Year! Dave and I rang in the new year at our favorite local bar, Pistol Pete’s. It’s perfect because the people who work there are also our friends. We got there, all dolled up, about 9:30 and we didn’t have seats. We waited and I noted there was a woman with another woman, clearing in her 80s who I told Dave would not be staying long. Boy was my stereotyping wrong! It turns out June (87) and her daughter Julie were there to party, and party is what they did! We ended up talking and sharing fun party hats and June shared that she does not feel her age. She told me to keep living life all the way and enjoy the music no matter what kind it is. Dave and I left the bar after midnight and June was still going strong! I want to be June when I grow up.

For the new year I see lots of success on our horizon. All three of us have great things coming our way. I can’t all the way map it out verbally just yet, but Mason has a number of projects in the works, some in the can and we are waiting for air dates, and some not filmed yet. Dave will finish his bachelors degree, and I have the cookbook and my Intentional Winning In Life book I want to finish. I had Mason laughing yesterday when I told him the cookbook needs to be named, “The Mason Made by Mason’s Mom Cookbook” because in reality, that is what it is…it’s mostly my recipes that he likes to make. Well, okay, there are some that are his creations, too. What do you think, would you buy it? I'm thinking it would be better to create it in a web format and that way people could buy downloads, just the recipes they want. Still working out all the details but I really want to make it happen in 2017.

So now we are into the new year, Dave's dad is staying with us for a spell and I'm excited that Mason will get to know one of his grandparents on a more personal level. We tried to get Dave's mom to move to Auburn when Mason was littler, we invited her noting that we did not need childcare, we just thought with her other grandchild almost grown, it would be a good opportunity for her to know Mason more intimately, too. She didn't want to make the move and I get that, but I still wished that Mason had a grandparent in his life more than just phone calls, letters, and infrequent visits. This will be good for all of us. What is happening for you with the start of the new year? Do you make resolutions or set goals? I do, but I also work on continuing the goals we have in motion and set new ones as needed. Happy New Year friends, let's make this one better than the last and a great springboard for the next one.

No comments: