Cherries

Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy Birthday Dave!



Happy Birthday Dave! You've had some pretty epic birthdays, last year it was a puppy, and this year a boat! Our lives together just keep getting better, don't you think? I love you to the moon and back, have a great birthday! #55 #lovemylifewithyou 

Some days I feel so sentimental, emotional, grateful, and just overwhelmed with the love and abundance in my life. How did I get so lucky to get to live this amazing life with such phenomenal people? I don't know, but I am thankful! I look around and see a man who loves his family, a son who is excelling at a young age, and friends who would be at my door if they even had an inkling that I needed them. I've always been grateful, at a very early age when I was invited to a friends cabin to ski, or along for a camping trip that my family would never have taken, I was so appreciative to get to go. I hope Mason has this kind of gratitude as he grows, though he has so much more than I ever had. This is not to say I was deprived, I had what I needed, I just didn't live with any kind of luxury. My family traveled very little, and our vacations were local weekend jaunts. There is so much more to that story, but not now, my point is simply that I wake up every day and say, "Thank you." It is my wish that Dave loves our life as much as I do. I am grateful to get to travel this journey with him and I can only hope that at the end of my life, I gave more than I took. #Schmoop


No comments: