Cherries

Monday, July 10, 2017

Poker at the Partak's

Dave got a super cool poke table for his birthday and we have been having fun once a month with poker games at our house. This girl just won with 4 aces!! Heather and Tracy took the game splitting 1 & 2, and Lo and Campbell took home 3 & 4. Mason played his first full game and went out 6th, he did great. Super fun night with friends!

If any of you recall, in 2004 when Dave deployed to Iraq and Mason was just a baby, when I couldn't sleep, I would watch the World Poker Tour on TV late at night. I learned to play poker and really enjoyed playing. I would sometimes play online in free games and Mason would watch me and ask, "Good plop mom, was that a good plop?" I would smile and say, "It's the flop Mason, not a plop, and yes, it was good." When Dave came home, we started playing with a group of friends and that was when Dave really started plugging in and enjoying the game. I love that we all enjoy this and can host a monthly game for our friends. It's pretty cool that Mason is interested and enjoying playing with us as well.


No comments: