Cherries

Monday, September 4, 2017

Viva Las Vegas!

We made it home from camping and did a "turn & burn" and were on a plane to Las Vegas. On one hand I think it was crazy to plan a Vegas trip right on the heels of a big camping trip. But on the other hand, it was nice to be poolside and alone with my guy after a pretty exhausting weekend camping.

I often see the crazy low airfares to Vegas in my email and by the time I go to see what's available, the low fares are sold out. A month or so ago, I got the email and went right to Southwest.com and there they were. I called Dave and asked if he wanted to get away and we picked the dates. We ended up planning the camping trip after Vegas was booked so we just went with it. It worked out and we had a great time.

Dave went to the airport right from work so he was traveling in his uniform. It seems I am not the only one who likes a man in uniform as when we got to the Paris, the woman checking us in said, "Welcome, thank you for your service. Let me see what I can do for you tonight." She upgraded us to a gorgeous top floor suite with an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and the Bellagio fountains. It was awesome!

We had off the hook pizza at Naked City Pizza, it may just be the best pizza I've ever had, and I've had some pretty epic pizza. We gambled, went shopping, and just had fun being together and away from home. I've said it many times and I believe it even more today, the best gift you can give your kids is happily married parents, and happily married means making your relationship a priority. I love this life I get to live, it really is pretty amazing.

No comments: