Cherries

Monday, July 30, 2018

What's Wrong? It's Nothing.

I've been feeling kind of emotional and beat up the last two weeks, the river may have been a good place to go reflect but I couldn't muster the gumption to go. Instead, I went with my boys to the lake where we swam, they let me cry, they made me laugh and told me they love me. This was a good reminder of how I need to refocus and let the bad stuff go, if it won't go, throw it away!

I'm fine, I'm sad. I'm sad about the hearts that are broken close to me, I'm sad for the state of our country, for the victims of the fires blazing all around us in California, and I'm sad because my hormones are all over the place right now and I can't control what seems like a never ending supply of tears. This is not the first time I've been to the depths of my heart, and it's likely not the last time. Some would argue it's a gift to feel so deeply, both happy and sad, but I bet we would all agree it's more fun on the upside. I know peri-menopause has come to visit and seems to be here for an extended stay. I know I need to see my doctor but it just seems so hopeless. I know it's not hopeless, but I feel so, so what? Numb? Flat? Nothingness... it just feels like I don't feel. With all of this said, nothing is "wrong," I'm fine, I just need to get through...   

No comments: