Cherries

Monday, January 14, 2019

This, Too Shall Pass

Just when you think things are rolling right along, BAM! You get a curveball. Things had been going relatively smoothly and I anticipate they will smooth out again, they always do, but for right now, they suck! LOL!

Dave is preparing to retire which is great, but the interim, the unknown is creating some stress. Dave is not sure how much he will be getting paid between his retirement and VA disability, and he also doesn't know when it will start coming. In the meantime, I have a great listing that once we get an offer, I get to start helping the sellers find their new place to buy, but the market has been SO S-L-O-W and it's not moving at all! So while I don't have a paycheck coming in any foreseeable future, I've had a major toothache requiring a sudden visit to the dentist (this on top of an implant that I needed to get financing for), and today my 4Runner broke down. Yep, curveballs all around! I did just get a little paycheck for a condo I sold, but now I don't know if I will be paying to get my car fixed, or paying my regular monthly bills. Now before this goes on too long, we have been in a position to pay our regular bills, fix a car when need be, and even take a little trip now and then. But then shit starts rolling downhill and it keeps costing this, and then it costs that, and then we have none left.

So it's a new year and we have lots of life changes on the horizon, but in the meantime, we are juggling and figuring out what we can put where that we have the biggest bang with the least negative impact. Ultimately, I can't help but look at a bright side, and that is that we are all healthy and as my granny used to say, "This, too shall pass."

No comments: