Cherries

Monday, May 27, 2019

Rain, Learning to Adult, and Family

We have had a crazy springtime, in that it's been so wet and cold. I know that April showers bring May flowers, but we are having all kinds of May showers that will bring June flowers. In addition to the cold wet weather it seems that we are also suffering from a prolonged cold & flu season. Mason started us off with a cold that had him in bed for two full days. Even though we weren't smooching, I managed to contract the same cold. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed that Dave doesn't contract it, but I am hearing the tell-tale signs of his sniffles and dry coughs. I made sure to pick up more nighttime cold medicine and cough drops.

Earlier this week, Placer High School hosted an Adulting Day for their graduating seniors. They asked for volunteers to teach the classes and though I signed up to teach more of a "Winning at Life" class, I was asked to teach a Basic Cooking Skills class. I taught five sessions to 25 awesome kids in each class. I was able to incorporate my "Winning in Life" when I explained that I was asked to teach cooking skills without actually cooking. The kids were bummed but I adapted and created a class that was interesting and fun. The feedback was all good, so I'll call it a success. I hope the school does this every year, it was really well received.

I'm super excited that I have a few days in Southern California planned the first week in June to spend with Michael and Sari. I can't wait to just hang out with them, to be able to talk, laugh, and just share some space. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to get to know him and possibly be a real family for the second half of our lives. More on that later.

No comments: