Cherries

Monday, September 15, 2003

MM 9/15/2003

Is it just me or does it seem like we were just here? Monday.

The weeks seem to crawl by while the weekends seem like the blink of an eye. This weekend was jam packed with fun, friends and we even got some serious work done at home. This was one of those weekends where you have to write on your calendar "Do not plan anything. You already have plans to stay home".

On Friday night we went to the State Fair. WOW, they have really done a nice job of making this a great event. We were only there for the evening so there is lots we did not get to see or do. I am hoping we can make it back even if it for just an evening after work and see some of the stuff we missed, in addition to the "fair food." Dave, (okay, we) did not have room to eat everything.

You can't cover all the varieties of delicacies the fair has to offer in one evening. You either have to be there all day, or go back for another round! Sausage sandwich-check. Corn Dog-check, Lemonade from the ladies in the funny hats-check. $6.00 beer-check. $6.00 beer again-check. Ice cream cone-check. Merlino's Orange Freeze-check. Funnel Cake with whipped cream and Strawberries-check. We still didn't get to Kettle Corn, deep fried twinkies & candy bars (I just have to know!), roasted corn on the cob, cotton candy, tacos, frozen banana, tri-tip sandwich.....and the list goes on and on....Laughing!!

Saturday was about going through the remaining boxes in the garage so now, needless to say, the house looks like we just moved in again. EESH! We continued to try to put order in and finally landed on the couch having dinner and watching "Basic" with John Travolta. Good movie. I love a movie with a twist! Sunday was the Fundraiser at the winery I had mentioned to you and it was really fun. Mike, Julie, and I had a nice time visiting and running up the bids on the auction items all in the name of charity!

So, the big news for the week is that while at the fair Friday night, Dave and I named our baby. It was quite anticlimactic actually. Dave said (like so many times before), "What do you think of....?" and I said (like never before) "I kinda like that". We both smiled and that was it. Want to know what we decided? E-mail me back and I will tell you!

I hope you like this Motivator, I do and it is really good for me today. Since it is up to me, I am going to get to it! I hope you have a productive week and I hope to hear from you soon!

Lots of love!

Kathy

P.S. There are a couple of new people on the list today. Just so you know, this is a little something that I send out each Monday. It is an update of what is new with us and a little positive reinforcement to get you off on the right foot. It is easy to get sucked into the world of nay-sayers and those who can never seem to see the bright side. You are in better company than you think....there are lots of us out there who know exactly how to utilize the lemons life brings us! I like mine with sugar! Welcome!


Up to you

One way or another, you will get something accomplished today. Exactly what you get accomplished is up to you.

The hours of this day will go by, no matter what you do. What you get from them is up to you.

The world is filled with challenges, frustrations, joys and opportunities. What you make of them is up to you. Some of the people around you will praise you and encourage you, others will curse you and oppose you, still others will ignore you. Yet the way you respond is completely up to you.

You can hide away from life or you can dive into its glorious richness. Some people will help you, others will hurt you, yet no one can live your own unique life for you. The way you experience this priceless gift of life is now and always up to you.
Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator
with permission http://www.dailymotivator.com

No comments: