Cherries

Monday, January 3, 2005

New Year To All!

New Year to you all, Officially!

Actually, it is a very happy new year for me as I am feeling immense excitement at the realization of the short time we have left to wait for Dave's return home. Providing nothing goes terribly wrong with the Iraqi elections the end of this month, he should be back in the states by March. He sent me the most wonderful Christmas gift. He made a CD with a montage of pictures to music that was quite a 5 minute emotional journey. He also sent me a pillow case that he had been sleeping on. I had the best night of sleep that I have had since before Mason was born that first night with that pillow case.

So we have some things planned for when Dave gets home if we can pull them off. We will be going to Mexico and finally using the generous wedding gift we received but have been unable to use, and would like to go to Florida to see Dave's dad and Hotty Roddy. We are in the typical predicament of lots of time, and little cash. If anyone has (or knows someone who has) miles or vouchers they don't think they will be using any time soon and want to donate to a very worthy military family......I know, it's shameless but we are worthy! Laughing! After any travel we can enjoy, it will be a welcome back to the business of living our life. Real jobs, work around the house, playing with Mason, weekend jaunts, Poobah (June 10, 11 & 12), birthday celebrations, a bash for our anniversary in November and really putting the "Happy" and "Merry" back in place.

A very big Thank you to Mike for making a trip to Auburn to unclog my kitchen sink. To Eric for not only working on and attempting to repair my Durango, but for also loaning me his truck to get to work and trekking back and forth to the dealership to get mine in and out. And to Paul for many pizza shares, roof repairs (one really bad indoor down pour at 5:30 AM) and reminding me I need to get out with grown ups once in a while! You guys Rock!

So with all that, I have a few pics from Christmas. They are processed to a disc when I pick up my film so if they are big, I am sorry. I don't have software to resize them. I hope all of you can see them. Lots of love and I wish for you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Welcome 2005!

Kathy

Accepting disagreement

On a regular basis, you will likely disagree with others. Don't let that disagreement control your life.

When you are confident of your own path in life, you will not be threatened by differing opinions. Instead of fighting against others who disagree, allow those differing perspectives to strengthen your own.

There's no need to become defensive when your opinions are challenged. Instead, let the challenges help you to further refine and clarify your own thinking.

True success is not a matter of forcing others to adopt your viewpoint. True success comes from making your life a full, complete and valuable expression of your own unique point of view.

There will always be those who think differently than you do. Learn to see that as a blessing, and learn to appreciate its value.

When you gratefully, peacefully, and lovingly accept disagreement, it loses its power to control your life. And you can transform it into something positive that will truly enhance your world. Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator with permission www.thedailymotivator.com

No comments: