Cherries

Monday, February 14, 2005

Reunited!

Happy Valentines Day! Or, if you are single, Valentines Day Sucks! Laughing.

Mason and I went down to Paso Robles to see Dave and welcome him home. It was a long drive and the National Guard didn't make much easy. As it turned out, we got to see Dave the evening we arrived but only for a very quick hello, kiss, hug and back to the base. The good news is that Dave was off at noon so we got most of Friday and all of Friday night.

Dave looks good but is still on "Go Fast" mode. I asked him if he was nervous and he told me no. I then pointed out that he had not sat down or stopped moving for what seemed like an hour. It probably wasn't that long, but he had ants in his pants for sure.

We went out toodling around a Wal Mart and then went for a nice steak dinner. The most fun for me was watching Dave and Mason get reacquainted. Mason just adores Dave and Dave is amazed at Mason's level of understanding and his ability to communicate with signs. It will be nice to be a complete family again and I most look forward to the mundane tasks of life. BBQing on the grill in the back yard, making the bed together, knocking on the bathroom door asking Dave if he is okay because he has been in there so long! All you women are laughing and you guys are nodding!

Mason and I will be off to Fresno tomorrow and then will be at the Armory on Tuesday morning for briefings and to greet Dave and the others to bring them home!

So on to some other good news. I have been toying with the idea of a new career for several years now. It has been tough because I am not as career minded as I am mommy minded. In any case, I have listened to my closest friends encourage me to get my Real Estate license and I am doing just that. I picked up the ball to run with it in Alameda and found it just too overwhelming while trying to close Missing Link, get married and move away from home. Now with some settlement and Dave home, I am embarking on a career as a Mortgage Broker. I have started my on line study and am finding it not only very interesting, but not as difficult as I thought it would be. I like the stimulation of studying and it makes me feel good just to be exercising my brain in a way that is not, "If it is glass, he cannot play with it." I am also incredibly lucky to have Lisa Anderson as a Mentor. She is a gem through and through. Needless to say, I will be marketing to you in the coming weeks and months! Laughing!

So I am off to do some housecleaning, laundry and tidying of the play spaces. Love to you all and I hope to see you at one of the homecoming parties. If you did not get the info, let me know and I will send it out to you.

Lots of love,
Kathy

No comments: