Cherries

Monday, April 9, 2007

MM 4/9/07

Hi Friends!

Happy Easter. I know it is the day after, but I think it is never too late to wish someone a happy anything.

We had a great Easter weekend with a BBQ and egg hunt at Ken and Dahlynn's. Mason loved being with the other little kids and I loved decorating cupcakes with Lahre! What an artist she is! We left Orangevale and made our way to San Jose to spend the night with Dave's mom. We had dinner and a nice evening visit and Sunday morning, boy oh boy, the Easter Bunny came to visit. He left Mason a basket with a pair of real army PT shorts and T-shirt just like his dad wears, a whole herd of bulls and cows with calves and a little candy too. He hid eggs all through the house and Mason had a ball finding them. The best part was Riley getting up early and finding all the eggs first! He would find one and bat it all over listening to the candy rattle. When I would scold him and tell him to leave them alone, he would find another. It was priceless! After breakfast we went to Dave's sister's house for an early Easter dinner and a lovely, lovely visit in their backyard. It was a really nice day.

We found ourselves at home pooped out and still had laundry to do, dinner to make and Mason needed a bath something terrible. By 10 PM we were all in bed breathing "Z's".

I hope you had a wonderful Easter and if you have a minute, I would love to hear about it.

Instead of a motivator today, I want your insight. I have been doing some research into Manners and Etiquette, especially with our kids. I am wondering if you think manners are still alive today and if you think they are as important in today's society as they were years ago. Do we put our kids at risk teaching them to respect their elders when some of their elders could possibly harm them? Tell me what you think?

Lots of love and until next week.

No comments: