Cherries

Monday, April 16, 2007

MM 4/16/2007

Good day Friends!

What a gorgeous day it is here in Auburn and with the rain we had over the weekend, it is that much cleaner and clearer.

Dave had National Guard this weekend and Mason and I got all kinds of stuff done. We did some work, cleaned the house, ran errands, showed houses, pulled weeds, and replanted some of the ice plants we lost in the freeze. The best part of the weekend was when we played in the rain. We went out and stomped in the puddles and even found one really great puddle that was deep and muddy! Oh, that was the best! After playing in the rain we went right to a warm bath (for Mason) and settled in for the evening.

Last week I asked about manners in kids and it was so cool to hear back from many of you. The responses were all different, but all the same in that it seems we care and we want well mannered kids in our lives. IT was really fun to hear back from all of you and to see what you think and best of all, to get your advice so let me pose another question or thought;

How do you feel about helping? Helping with your time and/or money? What I mean by this is, My experience has been that most people find it hard to ask for help and yes, there are many kinds of help. I find it interesting that people qualify who needs help and who doesn't. That is to say that it doesn't matter if I feel the need to ask, most will feel the need to qualify my need and then decide to help or not. To take it a step further, if I were to ask for financial help before I was in dire straits and you determined my situation wasn't that bad so you let me continue to work on it and it continued to worsen until it was so bad that I was losing my home, it would be said by some, why didn't you ask for help before it got this bad? There in lies the point and the real question, why does someone have to be in a dire or life and death situation before people really want to get in the game and help? Do you think this is the case?

For the record, I am not in dire straits, or on my way to them but I have had similar experiences, one fairly recently. I have also been very lucky to have people help me unconditionally as I have helped others. I love this kind of stimulating conversation and you can certainly choose to participate or not.

Today's Motivator is wonderful and timely. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Enjoy!

Question your assumptions

What assumptions have you already made about today, and why? Consider that some of those assumptions may no longer be accurate, and may very well be holding you back.

It's comfortable and convenient to assume you can't do something. Yet such an assumption quickly turns into a continuing limitation that you place on yourself.

Things that were true for you many years ago may no longer have any validity. By holding on to those old assumptions, you prevent yourself from making the most of the new opportunities that come your way.

Think of how dramatically the world has changed in the last ten or twenty years. Have your assumptions about your own possibilities kept pace?

You may be carrying assumptions that were placed in your mind by people who no longer play a role in your life. Take a close look at the choices and decisions you make, at the goals and aspirations you hold, and examine the assumptions behind them.

Make it a point to regularly question your assumptions. By so doing, you're sure to find much value that you've been hiding from yourself.
Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator
with permission www.dailymotivator.com

No comments: