Cherries

Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Motivator

Welcome to the first Monday of 2008!

I have so much to share with you, I just don't know where to start.

Over the weekend, we had a series of storms that were very severe. I am sure if you are in northern California, you are experiencing some of the same winter weather. Friday was the worst of it with 60-70 mph winds and heavy rain. Most everybody has been without power, and many are still in the dark.

We lost our power at 1 pm on Friday. We had prepared with lots of batteries, flashlights, block ice, firewood, a radio, an analog phone, and games. Frankly, this power-outage was a gift. It was a wonderful night of family time and reconnecting. Dave barbecued dinner and when we ran out of propane (okay, not all the way prepared!), we finished cooking dinner on the wood burning stove. After dinner, we popped popcorn and made our beds in the living room near the fire. We were warm, fed, and together. Just as we were dozing off to sleep, at 10 pm, the power was restored. I think this was a good reminder that we don't need to lose our power to come together. Imagine just turning everything off! Laughing!

The other big news is how I bid farewell to 2007. As you all know, I am creating my Intentional Winning in Life empire. It all started with my 25+ years of winning on the radio. On New Years Eve, I won a trip to Las Vegas on the radio. It is a good story and I will tell you all about it next week.

No comments: