Cherries

Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Motivator

Happy MLK Jr Day!

If today is a holiday, enjoy! If not, well, that sucks! Laughing.

Have you ever been in a situation where someone you love doesn't speak up when it's important to you that they did? I've had the experience when a friend did not speak up, and their silence was an assumed agreement with another that was accusing me unjustly. Even though we got through it, I wished that my friend would've had the courage to speak up in my defense. Her silence told me that she was more interested in not rocking the boat for her personally than speaking up for what she knew was the truth.

This was a long time ago and I only bring it up to make us all think about the times we would rather be comfortable than do what's right. What would you do? Confrontation and conflict are never easy, but it's so much easier to get through the tough stuff once, than to sit quietly and then have to deal with the relationship(s) you broke by sitting in silence.

Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr today and speak up for what you know is true. To me, that is integrity.

Love Kathy

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: