Cherries

Monday, January 19, 2009

From Whoo-Hoo To Boo-Hoo

Today is statistically the bluest day of the year according to Dr. Cliff Arnall. Did you know that? His equation for unhappiness uses weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing New Year's resolutions, low motivation, and need to take action determine the unhappiest day of the year. But what Arnall didn't figure into his equation this year is that my job fell through, or the global economic slowdown that has compounded a collective depression.

Yes, the job that was created for the "much too valuable" me is apparently not where I'm suppose to be right now. I'm not going to detail the events, but suffice it to say, I was incredibly disappointed last week and even depressed for a few days. I really felt like this was the start of "my turn." Maybe it was, regardless of why I don't have a job with a coffee company, many people saw in me what I feel I have to offer. I do believe that my time is here, it's just not with them. I also believe that our spiritual guidance may take us in directions that are not necessarily included in our plans.

With that, I'm going to leave you with the chorus of a song that came to me just before all of this happened. I find comfort in music and connect with lyrics especially when they speak to me in such a profound way.

I hope you don't have as blue a Monday as I had last week and even better, that you can find many things to be grateful for, even if just for today!

It's All Good
by Bret Michaels

There'll be ups and downs and lots of in betweens,
When your right goes wrong you'll find something to believe in,
Life goes on, world keeps turn'n, a lesson you keep learn'n,
Sometimes things don't turn out like they should,
But it's all good.

No comments: