Monday, September 28, 2009

One Weekend, Two Firsts!

Happy Monday!

It's officially fall but it sure doesn't feel like it! Today temps reached 100 so we made a trip to the river. There is so much to talk about, it makes me tired just thinking about all of it!

I think I shared with all of you that the gloves are just about sold out...didn't I? Well, the inventory we bought to sell from our web site and to consumers this winter was nearly all bought up by the retailers we met at the ABC Kids Expo. I'm working this week to determine if we want to buy more inventory. I'll let you know, but for now, if you want gloves for this winter, buy them now! I can't guarantee that we will have any left as of October 1st. Leo, I know you want a size small and I have those for you! I know, I know, it's a good problem to have!

This weekend was good. A nice mix of work and play. There was the usual stuff like laundry, groceries, and glove stuff but there was fun stuff, too. Dave went to a reunion of his Civil War buddies and then took Mason to a NASCAR sanctioned race in Roseville on Saturday night. It was Mason's first race and they both had a great time. I stayed home and Mike came up to work on glove business. It's always nice spending time with Mike, but then he headed off to Folsom to do the night out with the guys. That left me home alone and happy! I started catching up on my blogs, read some magazines and talked with Tania in BC and Julianne in MN. Dave doesn't give me grief for talking on the phone, too much anyway, but it's just so nice to talk as long as I want with no one looking my way and then at their watch. A Saturday night all to myself was heavenly!

Sunday brought another first for Mason. While we were at the river, Mason skipped his first rock! It's the simple things that make me smile like Mason saying, "Did you see that one mama? It was a two-skipper!" He did a few three-skippers and was really wow'd when Dave did a five-skipper! Other than our trip to the river we stayed home. Dave brought me coffee in bed and then watched the race. I spent the day reading and writing. Mason played with Legos. We went outside and made S'mores (had to use the last of the home made smoshpellows!) by the fire before calling it a night. Just another day in the life of our happily ever after!

How was your weekend? Drop me a line and share something fun. Have a great week and take this with you, find one thing you can do this week that makes someone else's life better. Write to me and share what you did or didn't do! Happy Monday!

No comments: