Cherries

Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason!

Happy Monday!

Mason's birthday is tomorrow but we celebrated on Saturday and will again tomorrow. If you want a chuckle, visit my Intentional Winning blog to read all about adventures in birthday cake. I guarantee you will smile! http://www.intentionalwinning.blogspot.com/

It's been a jam packed week and weekend. We survived the torrential rain last week and had gorgeous weather for the weekend. On Saturday morning, Mason and I went to the Auburn Community Festival where we dropped off pumpkin sugar cookies Mason helped make (his entry), and a caramel apple cheesecake I made. From there, we went to the Zoo where we met some of my friends from twitter at the Zoo TweetUp (like a meet-up, but since you are twitter friends, it's a tweet-up). The Sacramento Zoo hosted it and boy, did they do a nice job! We got 1/2 off admission, a private room, food, drinks, a private animal encounter, a ride on their beautiful carousel, and we got to meet new friends face to face. Mason had a ball and so did I!

We got home and hustled to put the finishing touches on the house and Mason did his cake before his friends started arriving for his Star Wars birthday party. We grilled some hamburgers, had cake, opened presents, and then the real fun began. Dave made popcorn and the kids watched The Clone Wars in the backyard with goodie bags of candy and popcorn from an old time popcorn popper! The adults who stayed gathered around the fire with a beverage and a story. It was lots of fun.

Sunday morning Dave had to be up early for drill and Mason and Mike were up with the sun putting together Legos. I took my time, had some coffee and read the Sunday paper. Guess what? I won second place in the recipe contest with my caramel apple cheesecake! Whoo-Hoo! $50 and a smile! I hope you had a fun filled weekend like we did. Well, Dave did have to work, but when he wasn't working, he had fun, too! Here's a quote Dave sent me. I like the quote, but I really like that Dave thought about it and sent it to me to share with you. Happy Monday!

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser" John Garber

No comments: