Cherries

Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Spring-Forward!

It's not officially spring yet, but having moved our clocks forward makes it feel like it is. We had a lovely weekend, a nice mix of work and play. I spent much of the day on Saturday installing Quicken 2010 and converting my existing accounts. I'm not completely finished but I have to say, the newer version is quite impressive. Later, Mason and I went out for dinner with Cris and Taylor, and then cuddled up to watch Wild America (great movie!). Sunday was slow. I slept in, read the paper, did some writing, and then stuffed envelopes, 200 of them to be exact. I'm doing one final push for glove orders by mailing out my sell sheet that will be outdated next season. It's a nice two-sided printed piece that in a hand addressed envelope, I feel will be noticed. Needless to say, the weekend was over before I knew it.

I feel so out of touch with many of you. I've been working all of my waking hours either selling gloves, working with families trying to get loan modifications, and the long list of things that need to be done to keep the Partak household running smoothly...okay, just running. I don't kid myself thinking that my life will miraculously slow down to a leisurely let's-have-coffee-and-chat pace, but once our glove order is placed for the 2010-2011 season, it will at least slow to cruising speed! There will be more time to talk on the phone and catch up.

I'm not sure what the forecast is where you live, but for those of us in northern California, we are looking at sunshine and 75 degrees all week. With this kind of bright outlook, it will be easy to make this week pop and bloom with progress! Happy Monday!

No comments: