Cherries

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Tired!

Welcome to Monday,

I'm tired! We had a super busy weekend but it was worthwhile! Saturday was spent running errands and preparing for Sunday's ZipperBack Glove photo shoot at Soda Springs ski resort. Even though I've done this kind of stuff for years, it still amazes me how much preparation, organizing, and plain old hard work goes into a single event.

Let me recap my weekend in a simple list format:
  1. Cleaned both bathrooms
  2. Took comforters to the laundromat - put in to wash
  3. Bought gift certificates (blank) from the stationary store
  4. Stopped at the farmers market for Bowowlicious for Spencer
  5. Went to the bank to cash a check
  6. Went to another bank to deposit a check
  7. Went to a third bank to deposit cash (from the first bank)
  8. Stopped into beauty supply store to buy hair color
  9. Back to the laundromat to put the comforters in the dryer
  10. Got the oil changed in the Subaru
  11. Went to a store who sells ZipperBack Gloves to restock them
  12. Went to Costco to get lunch for everyone attending photo shoot on Sun.
  13. Filled the car up & washed the windows
  14. Came home to put sandwich platter in the refrigerator
  15. Went to local consignment store for snow clothes for photo shoot (Found them!)
  16. Stopped at ski rental store for snowboard and helmets for shoot
  17. Got my nails done
  18. Got saucers, skis, and props together to be loaded in the car
  19. Sorted and packed snow clothes making sure they were all clean
  20. Sent out final e-mail to all participating with info/instructions
  21. Replied to e-mail from Lori titled, "Taxing Questions" about our return (about 12 ques).
  22. Packed "The" bag for Sunday, you know, the one that has everything you might need!
  23. Packed Mason's bag of extra clothes/shoes
  24. Did laundry (this goes on all day everyday, it's not really fair that it's listed here)
  25. Colored my hair
  26. Updated the photo release and printed them for Sunday

Sunday I was up at 5 AM and double checking all the stuff I did on Saturday to make sure we didn't forget anything. We didn't. All the families who said they were coming showedup and from what I could see, it was organized, chaotic, joy! Planet Kids is a snow park designed for kids under 8 years old. They have little hills for skiing, another one for snow boarding, inner-tube like carousel type rides, a giant mountain of snow the kids could climb and slide down, and more! We kept the kids in a group as best we could and let them play. Monica was awesome, it seemed like she was in a million places all at the same time! I can't wait to see the pictures, but have no doubt they will be incredible. I'll be sure to post some of them in the next few weeks!

So you can see why I am tired. But alas, there is no rest for the weary! Today we regroup and head to Reno for a trade show that runs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Mike is heading up tonight to set up and work the show on Tuesday. I will work it on Wednesday, and Dave will work it and tear down on Thursday. Oh, and don't forget, Bon Jovi is in town on Tuesday night....I can't wait! I won the concert tickets, actually, I won three pair of tickets so a group of six of us are going. That's a story all by itself for another day. I'm sure I will have lots to share on next Monday and with all we have going on this week, I bet I will still be tired!

Let me leave you with this thought; we all have the same twenty-four hours in a day. Are you using as many of your waking hours to optimize your future? It's not, "I don't have time." It's, "I'm choosing to use my time doing [fill in the blank]." Are you using your time to get you where you want to go? Oprah, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, and every other highly successful person has the same hours in a day that you do. This time next year is coming no matter what. Where will you be?

No comments: