Cherries

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Spring!

Happy Spring!

Yep, it's official, springtime is here. It's been gorgeous outside. Mason and I made the most of the sunshine and got to work outside on several projects. We brushed the rust off the outside fireplace, gave it a fresh coat of black paint, and cleaned it out so it's ready to make S'mores. We also repainted an outdoor patio set I picked up last fall. Can you guess what color we painted it? Go on, take a guess! I have to recover the seats and find a table-top, I would love to have a piece of stone of some kind, but that's proving to be challenging. I went to Home Depot to see if I could order a piece of counter top material but they told me no. Holy cow! Really? I also went to A&A Stepping Stone and found a beautiful piece of ocean slate. It needs to have the edges ground to smooth them out and I don't know what kind of labor intensive project that will turn out to be. Then if that works out, I need to have the holes drilled for the screws and hope that the stone doesn't break. Sheesh! So close and yet, so far. In any case, it will be gorgeous when I finish it, I'm certain of that!

Mason got a sleepover invite so that meant "Free Babysitting!" I dropped him off at 4 PM and went right to the nail salon where I got a pedicure. From there, I did some shopping at Old Navy (30% off everything!), met Lisa Leis for dinner and then we went to see The Bounty Hunter. As the night was wrapping up and I was happily reflecting on my girls night out, I got the perfectly timed call that Mason wanted to come home. All in all, a great night!

So now we head into a new work week and I'm sure my lists will be long. I'm energized though because we had a wonderful weekend and that always makes it easier to go back to work. One day soon, I hope to be doing work that I look forward to doing and in essence, it won't be work at all! Happy Spring!

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

No comments: