Cherries

Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome AMGEN!

Welcome to a new week! Our weekend was full of fun even though we had to balance some a challenge...where to start?

Dave took ill. This is weird because 3 weeks ago I was dealing with something more than an upset stomach (but that description paints the picture), then last week Mason had his first bout with barf, and then Thursday it was Dave's turn. Turns out Dave got the official diagnosis of diverticulitis. Ironically, the meds they prescribed made him feel worse than the original symptoms that took him to the hospital. In any case, other than the Partak-Merry-Go-Round of belly issues, we managed to make the most of the beautiful weekend.

Friday evening Dave took Mason to his first Civil War re-enactment at Gibson Ranch in Sacramento. Mason had a ball and I can't help but think Dave must have been very proud to take Mason and introduce him to something that he loves so much. Mason had a blast! Now before you ask, I made sure Dave took the camera and even then, no picture! I was told pictures were taken and Dave could get them, but, well, you know how that goes.


Thank you Mike for carrying my huge prize to the car! It was fun.

That is Lance there at the front of the pack
(not really the front, that's just my excellent photography!).

Saturday, I had the day to myself and there was lots to do. I did the usual, ran to the bank, picked up some fresh produce from the farmers market, Spencer needed dog food, I had to go to the post office, and a few other stops before finally making it home. I made cookies for a project I'm working on and then through a series of phone calls it turned out that Mike and Lisa Leis ended up at the house for a sleep over. What fun! The three of us went to a fundraiser for Mason's school and made our way back to the house where the hot tub was waiting. Also waiting were Dave and Mason, finally home from their event.

Lisa and I had some fun with The Mad Housewife!
Oh, and the wine is excellent, too!
Sunday, Dave's meds were taking effect which really meant he was feeling worse than before so Lisa and I after a leisurely morning of coffee and conversation headed over to Confluence Kitchen and Market to watch the AMGEN bike race. We had a ball drinking mimosas, eating excellent food, and visiting with friends. Lance and his buddies zoomed by in the blink of an eye and before we knew it, the party was over.

Tomorrow we are all back to work and it sounds like Mother Nature is, too. Rain is on the way. I have to say, I love that Mother is working with us and making sure we have the sunshine for our weekends and the rain we need to fill our lakes during the week. Good job!

Have a great week, I know I will!

No comments: