Cherries

Monday, May 3, 2010

What a weekend! Dave was out of town on Army business so Mason and I were left to our own devices!

On Saturday night we went to Ken and Dahlynn's annual Uno De Mayo party. The first Saturday in May, whatever it turns out to be is the X De Mayo party, so fun. There were plenty of kids so Mason had a ton of fun, and I got to visit with some of Dahlynn's friends that I only get to see once a year. We really had a nice time.

On Sunday, I moved my desk and office supplies from the downstairs studio up to the guest room. This is a big deal because as it was, I was working from the kitchen table and that meant that the kitchen/dining area was always cluttered. I kept trying to find a way to make it work for both and it simply was not working. Now, the guest room can still host our visitors, but it also works as my office. It was tough doing it by myself, but you all know me, when I put my mind to something, it happens. Today my back is wishing my mind wasn't so strong willed!

This week is very busy, I'm continuing to stay on top of my declutter project I did a year ago and I am sending out Mother's Day gift boxes. I have a few orders and those will have the finishing touches put on them today and be mailed out tomorrow. They include a hand decorated butterfly cookie, several varieties of Smoshpellows (homemade marshmallows), chocolate dipped Oreos, and some pretty candies. All wrapped in tissue and mailed - pretty hand written card included! I'll post pictures here as soon as I get them all put together.

Remember this as you go through your week (and your life!), always remember in your heart that you are far bigger than anything that can happen to you. I hope you all have a home run kind of week and even if you strike out, know that you will get another chance at bat. Happy Monday!

No comments: