Cherries

Monday, August 16, 2010

What Dictates Seasons For You?

Hello Friends!

Can you imagine a weekend on your calendar that has nothing on it? Me either! Well, that was this weekend here at the Partak household. Not to worry, we didn't sit around wondering what ever shall we do? Laughing! Saturday Dave went to work with a group in our neighborhood to clear a fire break along the canyon rim while I went to the farmers market and cleaned the house some. Many asked why I wasn't there helping clear the brush and the fact of the matter is, the moment I got my hands on the brush, I'd have been head-to-toe in poison oak. Nope! Not gonna do it!

So Saturday was the day we took care of housekeeping and grocery shopping. Saturday evening, we went out on lake Clementine with friends Robin and Hunter in their boat. We had such a good time. Dave went wake boarding and the kids swam. We had dinner on the lake and watched the sun go down, it was perfectly lovely!

Sunday was all down time. I developed some cookie recipes and for the most part, we just hung out. Now it's back to the work week, school starts on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to the routine...and fall! I love summer, but you all know how I feel about the homespun feelings that come with fall.

I hope you all have wonderful week and are making the most of the last long days of summer! As I sit and pen this, I realize how funny it is that our senses are more dictated by our schedules than we are by the actual sun and calendar. It's only August 16th and here on the west coast we still have months of sunshine and warm days to look forward to. Maybe it's that I love fall that it can't come soon enough, or I also get caught up in back to school = end of summer. No matter, make the most of every day and all will be well!

No comments: