Cherries

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Tuesday!!

Happy Tuesday! Yesterday was a holiday and we took full advantage of being off from work and school and went skiing. Mason completed his third lesson in a program that each lesson is significantly less expensive (yesterday was $30!) and at the end of the third, he gets a season pass to ski for the remainder of the season. It's a great deal especially considering on Fridays, this resort offers $15 lift tickets to military personnel, state workers and students. Additionally, they allow families to bring meals so we always pack a lunch and snacks. Dave and I had VIP tickets yesterday as part of a ZipperBack Glove arrangement, so needless to say, we've set ourselves up to be able to ski as a family for darn near nothing!

It snowed in Auburn on Saturday! It wasn't much but it was really pretty waking up to a winter wonderland!

This week I am finding a rhythm with school and work. I'm still stretched thinner than I'd like to be (well, not my rear!), but some of my obligations will have ended and I can focus on school and work without so many other things to do. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and are enjoying the unpredictable weather we enjoy this time of year. It's still winter but we get days of spring and summer like sunshine.

Today's Motivator: Remember, when you say no to overbooking yourself, you are allowing yourself the opportunity to be the best you can be. And when you do say yes, it will mean more and you will be more present.

No comments: