Cherries

Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Still Winter


Old Man Winter is back! It's raining and I can't say I'm sad. I like the rain and it's too soon for spring. I still have some skiing to get in! Plus, it's quite romantic to have the rain falling on Valentines Day.

It's been a wild ride this last week. I've been scaling back on making new commitments and working to focus on school, work, real estate, and gloves. Let me share with all of you what a bright light in my life school is. I graduated from high school and went to junior college for a year, but I didn't want to be there. Having a desire to learn and willingly making time to be in class and study is a whole other subject. I'm taking two English classes and an American History class (Industrial Revolution forward). It's fascinating to me and it's also fun bringing a mature perspective to my classes. I'm one of few students in my classes who is not in my late teens and early twenties. It's a bit of juggling to work it into my already busy schedule, but it's a real source of joy for me right now.

The glove business is in full swing and I've got several loan mod presentations lined up for February and March. If you or those you know have questions about loan modification and short sale, please give them my phone number. As the landscape in this industry is ever changing, I am up to speed on what the big banks are and are not doing and will happily share what I know. One of the things that is happening more frequently is lenders are reducing principal balances to make loan mods work. If this becomes the norm, it could turn this foreclosure crisis around. We'll see.

This weekend was full, but much lower key. I ran errands, cleaned house, studied for my history test, and on Sunday, I slept on and off through the afternoon. One of those times when rest is required. Let's hit the ground running this week and as I was recently reminded,"Kathy, remember what Woody Allen said: "90% of success in life is just showing up." Happy Monday!

No comments: