Cherries

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer's In Full Swing!

Happy Monday! Summer is in full swing, kids are driving us crazy and we parents are already looking at the calendar and longing for the normal routines of school days! Well, maybe not everyday, just the ones that end in "Y." I'm pretty happy with our arrangement this summer, Mason goes to the Boys and Girls Club and he really enjoys it. The people there are just great, they always have fun projects going and the price is right! I can't say enough good things about this organization and the people we have here in Auburn.

This week has been all about getting ready for our Grand Poobah weekend - the final Grand Poobah coming up this weekend. The event started in 1988 so we are going out with an 80s theme. Big hair, Miami Vice pastels, leg warmers and bright colors, this is going to be one wacky camping trip! After 24 years, it's time to let somebody else start something new. I'll post lots of pictures next week.

The other big project that's been on my calendar is my Intentional Winning television show idea. I pitched the idea to a production company who liked what they heard but asked me to show them my vision, basically, what I heard them say is, "Shoot a pilot or episode and show us what you see." Well, I'm certainly not set up with equipment or education to do this, but I have a camera and I certainly have a vision, so okay. I finished shooting on Friday and learned some basic editing over the weekend. I'm submitting the video in three parts today. Wish me good fortune and a great big YES! I'll keep you posted! For now, visit my blog to see a funny little clip with Mason as Director (self appointed), I promise, it will make you smile!

Today I am off to Vacaville to see some friends from high school and let our kids play while we picnic and visit. Facebook has been a great place to reconnect and help arrange little get togethers like the one we are having today, and for that I am grateful. What are you grateful for today? I hope you summer is moving along smoothly and you are enjoying all the long days, warm nights, and fruits & veggies that this time of year brings. I know I am!

No comments: