Cherries

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Autumn!

Good morning friends,

It's been a crazy busy weekend that slipped over into my week. If you recall, I noted last week that my weekend was slated for cleaning, yep, that's exactly what I did. I went through Mason's clothes, shoes, toys, much of my stuff and every single little Post-It of paper. It was painstaking and as is the case, produced more work. I found the paperwork for the Miata that never got submitted to the DMV, insurance notifications from my knee surgery in June that when I read more closely stated they denied the claim, and just when I thought I would be on the hook for over $6,000, I found all of the preauthorizations for said knee surgery. All of this leads me to why I'm writing the Monday Motivator on Tuesday at 6:00 AM - I was at the DMV and on the phone with the insurance company much of the day yesterday. And when I wasn't tied up with all of that, I was taking a test for my Business 85 class and studying for a Physiology of Fitness test I have today.


The best part about all of this is that my house is clean and it feels, at least for the moment, like the clutter is back under control. When it starts to creep back in, I go back to what worked before, give away 10 a day, I walk through the house and I find 10 things that can go in the garbage, to Goodwill or be given to one of Mason's friends (as in shoes and clothes he's not wearing any longer). What do you do when you feel like the piles are taking over? Is it hard to let go of stuff that for some reason or another you think you need to keep? It's way easier for me, the hard part is making the time to actually go through it to see why I thought I needed to keep it to begin with.

Let me leave you this morning to start your day with Happy Autumn! I love this time of year and this one is especially exciting as we are going to New England for our 10th wedding anniversary! I can't wait! Dave has been planning this for more than a year. We will be renewing our vows at an Inn in Vermont with all the fall color for a backdrop. With that said, I have a request. If you feel so inclined, I would love to get a message from our friends and family to include in a box that we will open on our 20th anniversary. It would be best if it were sealed and noted on the outside, do not open until 2021. Anything you think would be fun to read about after 20 years of marriage. They can come anytime in the next few months but we will seal the box up at the end of the year and put it away until it's time to open it in 2021. What do you think, are you in? If so, e-mail me and I'll send you our address.

Have the best week ever!

No comments: