Cherries

Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012!

We made it, welcome 2012! Our economy is far from recovered but 2011 doesn't feel like it was as hard as 2010 was - not necessarily easier, but not harder. I feel like this year is bringing big changes - I expect we will move from this house (not out of state yet), and I'm hopeful that ZipperBack Gloves will reach the next level of production and be in a national chain for the 2012/2013 season. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm sure the unexpected is on tap!

Here's what I know for sure, my family is healthy and happy (well, relatively speaking!), I love being in school and I'm looking forward to developing my skills as an artist and photographer. My new years resolution is to get honest on all fronts, really honest. Dave and I are working together on our family finances with an emphasis on saving and I'm digging deep into why we (our society) believe things need to look like something other than what they are. I understand "image" and "perception" and how they play into getting people to do and be who we want (okay, manipulation), but wouldn't we all be better served if we just told the truth and worked together to lift each other up? Call me crazy, but it seems to me it doesn't make sense to sell an image that is far more than what it really is and have people putting their faith and hard earned dollars into something that is a lie, a foundation of quicksand. When can you really believe what you see?

With that said, on day two of the new year it feels like a year of growth is in store. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday, we sure did!

No comments: