Cherries

Monday, May 21, 2012

 


Happy Monday! I survived the spring semester at school and if my calculations are correct, I finished with 3 As and 1 B. Dang B! So now I have a two week break between spring and summer sessions and I'm somehow fooling myself into thinking I have nothing on my calendar. My house is a M-E-S-S, I really need to get back to packing, I have bills to pay and so much more.
Over the weekend I did my first art show with RiverLights and it went well. It was a lovely day and it's always a good sign when you can at least make your money back on the cost of the booth, which I did (plus a little). On June 14th I will also be participating in the Auburn Art Walk where my work will be displayed at Bukovina, a medical salon/spa. They are very excited to have my work decorating their space and boy, do they have a lot of space! My prints will be on display through the summer until the fall walk is announced. Life keeps us on our toes and just when we think we've got a handle on it, something new presents itself sending us back to recalculate our plans.
So here is the late breaking news, Mason had his first commercial audition last week and he rocked it! I am so dang proud of him. He answered his interview question like he's been auditioning for years... "What do you like to do when you are not in school?" Mason: "Oh! I like to take things apart...you know, things that are not broken but maybe I just want them to be something else. The only problem is mom mostly likes them the way they were." and he laughed. The woman casting was floored, she looked at me with eyebrows raised and a big smile. She had him do some improv and he took direction like a pro (why doesn't he listen to me like that?). Finally, she asked him if he had any questions and he said, "How much does this gig pay?" On the way to the audition I was attempting to coach him on what to expect and all indications were that what I was saying was going in one ear and out the other. Finally, I said (before I knew he would be listening to me), just remember two things: #1 Whatever you do, don't get shy, and #2 if she asks you what you like to do when you are not in school, don't tell her you like to watch TV and play video games - every other little boy will say that. When we were done, he thanked her for seeing him and offered his hand to shake as we said good-bye...I was SO DANG PROUD I WANTED TO SCREAM! He booked it! It shoots next week and will air locally on Comcast. I will do my best to get the spots and if I do, I will share.
I hope you have a great week and if you have nothing to do, come over and help me pack and clean!!

No comments: