Cherries

Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

Happy Monday!
I have a beautiful day on tap and what am I doing? Homework!! School is winding down with just two weeks left (4 classes) and all of my professors this semester kept such a casual, go-with-the-flow attitude at the beginning of the semester that now that we are in the homestretch, we are crunching to get it all done. I did hours of reading and homework this weekend and now I'm close to having it all done. School rocks! I love it even when the deadlines get stressful. I have one more year at Sierra and then where I transfer to remains to be seen...in California or somewhere else?

We have accepted an offer on the house and have a backup in place as well. This is a short sale so how long it will take to close remains to be seen. I am hopeful that we can be moved by this fall. Again, we plan to stay in Auburn until I graduate this time next year and then possibly a little longer depending on Dave's job. Nothing really to share there, it will just be a matter of evaluating his opportunities with the park service versus his current employment. I'll keep you posted but stay tuned for our "Housecooling Party" that will likely come in late August, early September. The scare we had last week with Dave (a reaction to medication or a mild stroke?) just reinforces the importance of doing the things in life that one really wants to do. There are no guarantees so the time is now - or in our case, the plan is now and the move will happen in 12-24 months!

Now I'm back to homework. What did you do this weekend? Something fun I hope. Mason and I spent some time at the river yesterday and it was pure bliss! Have a great week and let's make sure we look at our calendars and make a date, it won't be long before our opportunities to get together easily won't be available. Smiles! Kath

*Note, Mason does not have a life vest on but he was not more than ankle deep int he water. Too cold and too fast means no swimming.

No comments: